||Multi-Agent Model Predictive Control
Applications to Power Networks
Center for Systems and Control
Delft University of
ISBN: 978-90-5584-093-9, December 2007
ISBN: 978-90-7978-702-9, September 2008 (Second printing)
LaTeX template files of the
thesis and the propositions can be downloaded here.|
|Very brief abstract of this PhD thesis|
Transportation networks, such as power networks, road traffic networks,
water distribution networks, railway networks, etc. are the corner
stones of our modern society. As transportation networks have to operate
closer and closer to their capacity limits and as the dynamics of these
networks become more and more complex, control of these networks has to
be advanced to a higher level using state-of-the-art control techniques.
Such control techniques should be able to deal with the large size and
distributed nature of the control problems encountered, and should in
addition be able to anticipate undesired behavior at an early
In this PhD thesis several novel control techniques for the control of
transportation networks are proposed. Each of the techniques proposed is
based on a combination of ideas from the fields of multi-agent systems
and model predictive control. Control problems from the domain of power
networks are used to illustrate and assess the performance of the
The full summary of this thesis can be found here in English and here in Dutch.
|The complete thesis|
Request a hard copy of my PhD thesis below, download the complete thesis here (with additional notes and errata), or
Some additional notes and errata can be found here.
- Detailed information of the publications that appear (partially) in the thesis can be found here.
Links to websites of cooperators:
Links to websites of PhD committee members (excl. promotors):
Links to related projects/institutions:
|Tools/resources used for constructing the thesis
- Text & image editing and formatting: LaTeX2e, BibTeX, Emacs,
- Computation, optimization, and simulation: Matlab 2007a, Tomlab
(/BASE, /CPLEX, /SNOPT), Dymola
- Miscellaneous tools: Bart De Schutter's scripts
- LaTeX template files of the thesis: Download it
here (Last updated March 16, 2011).
Don't forget to
read the README.txt file
for instructions on how to use the template.
- LaTeX template file of the propositions: Download it
here (Last updated September 30,
Note: use pdflatex to compile.
- Printer: PrintPartners
Ipskamp (specs: B5, cover printed on 250 grams one-sided laminated
full-color sulphate cardboard;
body printed on 100 grams
mat machine-coated paper, stiched
broche; delivery of 300 copies in 15 working days).
- Request an ISBN number (in The Netherlands) here.
- Once you have an ISBN number, obtain a bar code in EAN-13 format
in .eps here, using the bookland program.
- I rented my costume at fam.
- Obtain proposition inspiration at Hora Est.
- The public defence of the thesis took place at 10:00AM on Tuesday,
in the Senaatszaal of the Aula Congress Center of TU
Delft. Some photos can be found here.
- The propositions that I defended together with the thesis can be found here.
- The paranymphs during the defence were Thijs
Kinkhorst and David van Prooijen.
- Juggling routines for improvement of the research focus and
be found here.
|Remarks, questions, or request for hard copy|
Contact me using the form below if you have remarks, questions,
would like to receive a hard copy of the thesis, info on models
used in the thesis, etc. If you would like to receive a hard copy, please shortly motivate your
interest in the thesis and mention your postal
which I can send the hard copy.