Would you like to contribute to development of one of the following challenging and highly societally relevant topics with your MSc projects?
(This could be within the framework of a literature study, research assignment, graduation project, interdisciplinairy project, and could involve a company.)
Water and land transport
- Hovercrafts for Water+Land Transport: Investigating the potential of this new and innovative type of transport
Inland shipping, vessels, waterborne transport
- Improving a recently proposed river model for efficient transport over water in cooperation with researchers in France
(with possibly a research visit.)
- Optimization and coordination for transport over delay-free and reliable inland shipping networks
- Control for autonomous, intelligent, and coordinated vessel dynamics
- Use of AIS vessel information data to derive actual, real life vessel behavior
- Using autonomous car technology to create autonomous vessels
Container transport, container terminal control, port logistics, intermodal transport
- Autonomous control for sustainable container terminals
- Refrigerated container technology: Intelligent reefers for keeping goods cool in an energy efficient way
- Real-time control for balancing of energy flows in and around container terminals
- Design of an inter terminal transport system in the port of Rotterdam
Optimizing the performance of intermodal transport networks
Conveyor belt control
- Improving the energy efficiency of conveyor belts with model predictive control
- Detecting position and heading of vehicles (AGVs or vessels) using multiple low hanging overhead cameras
Intermodal/Synchromodal Transport, Intelligent Infrastructures, Terminal and Port Operations, Waterborne Transport
Optimization, (Predictive) Control, Operations Research, Autonomous Systems, Multi-agent Systems
For an overview of current research themes, look here.
me for more information!